..╚╬╬╝
... 24
YASHA7FOLD
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Vehicles: 02 Passat, 72 Westy, 69 Beetle, 58

Re: 20VTMK2GLI

Postby MT-Getto on Jun Sun 12, 2016 8:37 am

I saw a tumble weed roll by when I logged in the other day. Figured I better post something.

Cause I can :cool:

New calipers doing their job :thumbsup:

So much for the Hawk HPS+ pads. They lasted about 150 miles on the track :) I was braking hard to keep up with the GT4 and Pantera. They had me in a straight line but I could make up the gap going into corners.

My instructor told me, after I was cleared to solo and he was watching from the pits/staging, a couple porsche guys were saying "It's too bad the Jetta has to be on the course with the fast cars". The course is a couple miles long. After 3 laps and I am still hanging right on with the "fast" cars, their comments changed to something like, "Man, he can really drive that thing". :laughing: :beer:

Just wish I didn't get the wrong race pads sent by ECS. Placed my order over a month in advance, they messed it up twice and I had the car on the trailer ready to go by the time everything arrived. Planned on swapping them between day 1 and 2 at the track. Day two was a bust with no brakes left :banghead: . Im done with ECS. I've spent thousands of dollars with them, and their customer service was most apathetic. They cost me track fees, food and lodging. Jerks.
It's not how fast you go. It's how well you go fast.
MT-Getto
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Vehicles: 70 dzl-camper
20VTMK2GLI
A8L, Ubaru, RAM

Postby SweaterVest on Jun Sun 12, 2016 11:17 pm

I'm not sure where you went or what you did but it sounds awesome! (Would like more details) Are those brake pads minus the pad and crazy warped?! Maybe time for bigger brakes?
SweaterVest
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: 97' VW GTI VR6
dune buggy
91' VW GTI 8v

Postby MT-Getto on Jun Mon 13, 2016 8:24 am

SweaterVest wrote:I'm not sure where you went or what you did but it sounds awesome! (Would like more details) Are those brake pads minus the pad and crazy warped?! Maybe time for bigger brakes?

I was up in Lewistown on the road course. Drivers Education no timing or compitition. :thumbsup: TXT or PM me if you want more details. Your car has to be inspected, and in good condition without any leaking fluids. They require brake fluid be flushed within the last 12months too.

Folded those pads, and got them really really really hot :) Didn't take them all the way to metal. My brakes work great, just need the right pad compound for the application.
MT-Getto
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

20VTMK2GLI
A8L, Ubaru, RAM

Postby Reverend on Jul Thu 07, 2016 12:33 pm

MT-Getto wrote:
SweaterVest wrote:I'm not sure where you went or what you did but it sounds awesome! (Would like more details) Are those brake pads minus the pad and crazy warped?! Maybe time for bigger brakes?

I was up in Lewistown on the road course. Drivers Education no timing or compitition. :thumbsup: TXT or PM me if you want more details. Your car has to be inspected, and in good condition without any leaking fluids. They require brake fluid be flushed within the last 12months too.

Folded those pads, and got them really really really hot :) Didn't take them all the way to metal. My brakes work great, just need the right pad compound for the application.

I did the road course about a year ago in my Passat. The instructor told me he didn't think he was gonna be impressed by it and wasn't sure why I brought it until he got to show me how to drive it. It did great. Little slower then my buddies brand new Sti but at least mine survived the day.
Reverend
In the engine bay...

In the engine bay...

Vehicles: 11 GTI, 07 Passat VR6 4motion

Postby MT-Getto on Jul Thu 07, 2016 12:44 pm

In the 3.6 wagen?!? Cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MT-Getto
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

20VTMK2GLI
A8L, Ubaru, RAM

Postby Reverend on Jul Thu 07, 2016 11:35 pm

i thought i lost the pictures when my external harddrive bit the dust but for your viewing pleasure, the awkwardly fast minnivan wagon
Reverend
In the engine bay...

In the engine bay...

Vehicles: 11 GTI, 07 Passat VR6 4motion

Previous

Return to VW/Audi