corrado questions??

Discussion area for all Corrado models

Moderators: Mikewire, Roadhog

corrado questions??

Postby anedarado on Jan Sat 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Ok, i have some questions for you guys that really know your rados.. first, what are the differences in the slc, is it just in the running lights?
My next question is about the storm.. Did the corrado only come with the 160mph spedo in the storm edition? If so were there any differences under the hood? The only differences I know of are in the grille and badges.
Does anybody know how many vr6 models were made in 92? Ive heard from a couple ppl That 93 up is the way to go because of a better interior.. is it really any better or just a different style?
Was there a year or model that came without the volt/oil gauges by the stick? I saw a vr without and dont know if it was just removed..
Ive been seein a lot of crap on the tranny in these, is it not the same tranny as in the passat and jetta? I havent really heard the same complaints comin from them. Although it may be The rado guys are just pushin em harder :unibrow:
Well thats all I can think of for now, these may be easy ones to answer but theyve been buggin me. I just wana know the ins and outs of these babies. If there are other things i should look for or watch out for in the rados leme know too. Thanks guys.
For every "Drive Safely" sign, shouldn't there be a "Resume Normal Driving" sign?
anedarado
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Re: corrado questions??

Postby Roadhog on Jan Sun 03, 2010 1:28 am

anedarado wrote:Ok, i have some questions for you guys that really know your rados.. first, what are the differences in the slc, is it just in the running lights?

SLC is just a name given to the Vr6 ones. G60's never had the SLC badge. Bumpers are different, and the fogs and turn signals are different, grill, hood, fenders, and bunch of interior. Just lots of little things.

anedarado wrote:My next question is about the storm.. Did the corrado only come with the 160mph spedo in the storm edition? If so were there any differences under the hood? The only differences I know of are in the grille and badges.

Keep dreaming, you will never be able to import a Storm. Storm edition just has fancy trim pieces, and was only made in 95+ iirc. Only difference in the engine is a 2.9L vr6, vs our 2.8L. Although, all the European Corrados got 2.9's.

anedarado wrote:Does anybody know how many vr6 models were made in 92? Ive heard from a couple ppl That 93 up is the way to go because of a better interior.. is it really any better or just a different style?

Dunno how many, enough. 93+ ftw.

anedarado wrote:Was there a year or model that came without the volt/oil gauges by the stick? I saw a vr without and dont know if it was just removed..

93+ hehe :p

anedarado wrote:Ive been seein a lot of crap on the tranny in these, is it not the same tranny as in the passat and jetta? I havent really heard the same complaints comin from them. Although it may be The rado guys are just pushin em harder :unibrow:

Transmissions are fine. Just the shift linkage is shit. The Corrado has an 02A, just a different code(CDM), and gear ratios.

anedarado wrote:Well thats all I can think of for now, these may be easy ones to answer but theyve been buggin me. I just wana know the ins and outs of these babies. If there are other things i should look for or watch out for in the rados leme know too. Thanks guys.

There's an endless list to watch out for... Make sure you have deep pockets. Also, buy a money tree.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=8
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby Checkers on Jan Sun 03, 2010 2:34 am

Lol at Spencer! That quote was so worthy.
1997 F-350 6BT | 1996 Trek | 1996 A6 Avant | 1980 Westfalia
Checkers

Vehicles: 97F3506BT80Westy96Trek96A6Avant

Postby anedarado on Jan Sun 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Keep dreaming, you will never be able to import a Storm. Storm edition just has fancy trim pieces, and was only made in 95+ iirc. Only difference in the engine is a 2.9L vr6, vs our 2.8L. Although, all the European Corrados got 2.9's.

Im not planning on importing a storm, I want the 160 mph speedo that they have and my question was mainly asking if it only came in the storm or if there were other models that also had it.. They only made 500, im not an idiot. Im not so sure I agree with you that they were only in the uk because if so the speedometer would read in km/h. I could be wrong tho. And 95 was the last year for corrados so im not sure what u mean by 95+

did u mean the 93+ had the volt/oil gauge?

Thanks for the help man. u know your shit.
For every "Drive Safely" sign, shouldn't there be a "Resume Normal Driving" sign?
anedarado
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby Roadhog on Jan Sun 03, 2010 3:47 pm

They made a few in 96 too. I think the 16v Corrado's only got a 160mph speedometer, and a 8k tach.

And yes, 93+ has oil/volt gauge.
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby 73veedubya on Jan Mon 04, 2010 5:37 am

anedarado wrote:

Im not planning on importing a storm, I want the 160 mph speedo that they have and my question was mainly asking if it only came in the storm or if there were other models that also had it.. They only made 500, im not an idiot. Im not so sure I agree with you that they were only in the uk because if so the speedometer would read in km/h. I could be wrong tho. And 95 was the last year for corrados so im not sure what u mean by 95+

did u mean the 93+ had the volt/oil gauge?

Thanks for the help man. u know your shit.

he should know his shit he has to deal with the shit his corrado gives him every day :laughing:

1973 VW SuperBeetle
2004 Jetta GLS TDI 5spd

Thats not oil my Beetle's leaking its sweat from all the horse power
73veedubya
In the passengers seat...

In the passengers seat...

Vehicles: Mk4 Jetta GLS TDI
73 Superbeetle

Postby anedarado on Jan Fri 08, 2010 4:06 pm

So Ive been lookin for a vr but i just found a clean 90 g60 for a decent price. what do ya guys think? I was thinkin maybe put a little into it and turn it around wen i find a vr...
anedarado
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby Roadhog on Jan Fri 08, 2010 4:37 pm

anedarado wrote:So Ive been lookin for a vr but i just found a clean 90 g60 for a decent price. what do ya guys think? I was thinkin maybe put a little into it and turn it around wen i find a vr...

A ride in mine will make you not want a G60. :p
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby anedarado on Jan Fri 08, 2010 4:45 pm

So give me a ride in yours! I tested a vr and i was really impressed by the engine but it was a salvage title n didnt really track straight. Just didnt really drive very well so it probly wasnt really one to judge by. I was lookin at the g60 specs and it looked pretty good comparatively. I will have a vr6 eventually cuz thats somethin i wana keep and really build. The thing that really draws me to this g60 is its only 2k. what do ya think of that?
anedarado
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby Roadhog on Jan Fri 08, 2010 5:20 pm

link to it? or more info.
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Next

Return to Corrado