MkV R32 Owner

Discussion forum for the .:R32

Moderator: Mikewire

MkV R32 Owner

Postby Boz on Dec Wed 05, 2007 5:46 pm

I'm new to the board and just wanted to post a picture of my new R32.
Boz
n00b...

n00b...

Postby Checkers on Dec Wed 05, 2007 6:40 pm

Welcome to the site man!
I'm Stoney, aka Checkers.
Enjoy!
1997 F-350 6BT | 1996 Trek | 1996 A6 Avant | 1980 Westfalia
Checkers

Vehicles: 97F3506BT80Westy96Trek96A6Avant

Postby Boz on Dec Wed 05, 2007 7:38 pm

Rusty asked me a question in the introduction thread and I'm replying here.

RuS4ty wrote:Awesome, welcome! How do you like the R?

So far it's really impressing me. I was very close to buying a Farenheit GTi in October when VW had 0% financing deals. I wasn't really thrilled with DSG though and ultimately decided I didn't want a car where everyone knew where you were. After a really bad warranty service experience here (left 12 fasteners off the Passat!), I told the owner I was really thinking of buying a new VW until that experience. He offered to sell me any vehicle for $100 over invoice. I'd recently watched WindingRoad's video of the R32 and fell in love with the sound. The salesman called me when the R32 came in and I went and looked at it and loved. We set up a test drive for the next day after the PDI was done.

The next day 2 hours before I was supposed to drive it, the salesman calls and says unfortunately someone else is working a deal right now to buy the R32. Pierce's is only supposed to get this one. A few days later I drive by the dealership and the R32 is still there! It wasn't my first color choice (that was Deep Blue Pearl) but I do like white for its ability to make a car look clean longer than dark colors. Suffice it to say I closed the deal the next day for less than the turned the other guy down on.

My first month of ownership has been very enjoyable. Since I'm still in the break-in period I haven't tried the launch control. I love the sound of this engine and the DSG is remarkable, It really is an automated manual and not an automatic transmission. The seats are amazingly comfortable. Best headlights in any car I've ever owned. I've never had climate control before but it's ability to heat up the car evenly is quite impressive (not to mention an auxiliary heater to give you heat within a minute). All wheel drive gives this a much different feeling than driving a GTI or the Passat. It may be porky but I feel this is an amazing GT car. The back seat is usable and a hatchback is so versatile. This is a car that I think I will love to drive as long as I own, just like I do the Passat.
Boz
n00b...

n00b...

Postby RuS4ty on Dec Wed 05, 2007 8:36 pm

I was actually hoping you would respond over here. Glad you're enjoying it.
Are you planning on modding it any?
S4 driver
RuS4ty
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: FZJ80/S4/RS4

Postby CBCGSXR1000 on Dec Wed 05, 2007 9:02 pm

i like nice in white i c alot of black or dk blue.
CHRIS
CBCGSXR1000
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: 2

Postby Mikewire on Dec Wed 05, 2007 9:04 pm

:thumbsup: to another white VW! You didn't have too much trouble with registering did you? I tried to make it easy, but this VIP mod has been a very effective spammer deterrent. Maybe it works too well?

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby Roadhog on Dec Wed 05, 2007 10:06 pm

MikeWire wrote::thumbsup: to another white VW! You didn't have too much trouble with registering did you? I tried to make it easy, but this VIP mod has been a very effective spammer deterrent. Maybe it works too well?

Yeah I use the VIP mod on my forums too.. I think You mentioned it to me. Spam bots are gone. :D
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby Boz on Dec Thu 06, 2007 1:45 pm

MikeWire wrote::thumbsup: to another white VW! You didn't have too much trouble with registering did you? I tried to make it easy, but this VIP mod has been a very effective spammer deterrent. Maybe it works too well?

It took me a day to find the code since it wasn't on the main page like the forum said when I attempted to register. I eventually found it thought and I'm good to go.
Boz
n00b...

n00b...

Postby Boz on Dec Thu 06, 2007 1:50 pm

RuS4ty wrote:I was actually hoping you would respond over here. Glad you're enjoying it.
Are you planning on modding it any?

Well, I've already put clear corners on it and some R Monster Mats. Oh, I almost forgot the R badge on the key. A lot of the mods I did to the Passat are already done on this car. I've got nothing right now, I'm so happy with what VW already did to this car. That being said, I'll definitely have a rear fog light at some time in the future even if it means replacing the rear lights. GIAC chip is a good possibility but not for a year most likely. I don't buy wheels for my vehicles because it generally is only cosmetic and a lot of money. In fact most people go to heavier wheels which actually slow the vehicle down.

Other possible mods:
Dash cubby door
European cup holders
Underseat drawers
XM if I can find a swap module for the OEM radio. I am not a Sirius fan.

BTW, am I the only Great Falls resident on here?
Boz
n00b...

n00b...

Postby RuS4ty on Dec Thu 06, 2007 7:02 pm

Nice, are you going to tint the windows at all?
when you say clear corners, does that include the orange side marker? (if not you should smoke it or clear it :)
I dont know what the new stock wheels weigh, but you could get some Kosei wheels like Joe has for the summer/track... I dont know if you like to auto-x. Light weight wheels make a difference... maybe not huge, but a good amount. This is coming from someone with stock wheels too. :D

I feel like ive seen someone else from great falls... lucky maybe? but I dont think shes on here anymore.
S4 driver
RuS4ty
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: FZJ80/S4/RS4

Next

Return to .:R32