School me on GTIs

This discussion forum is for any general discussions related to all makes and models of Volkswagen.

Moderator: Mikewire

User avatar
Bobcat Sig
In the engine bay...
In the engine bay...
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar Wed 07, 2007 7:16 pm
Vehicles: e46 330Ci, UZJ100 Land Cruiser
Location: Bozeman, MT
Contact:

Re: School me on GTIs

Post by Bobcat Sig » Apr Tue 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Alright ... so a few more questions:

Where does a n00b go looking for a MkII GTi? I've tried VWVortex, though it seems to be almost exclusively east coast vehicles. Craigslist hasn't yielded much of anything. I've even tried some local classifieds in Salt Lake. Are there any regional boards in the northwest that would be worth a look?

MkIIIs. Your thoughts on them? They seem to be more readily available.

User avatar
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather
The Dubfather
Posts: 4166
Joined: Nov Mon 06, 2006 5:21 pm
Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6
Location: ZooTown Represent!

Re: School me on GTIs

Post by Rennwagen1 » Apr Tue 19, 2011 2:03 pm

MT-Getto wrote:8v is not a real GTI.
That right there young man is a good way to get yourself kicked out of the GTi club!

You find me ONE Mk1 GTi owner that thinks 8V is not a real GTi, it is the ORIGINAL GTi, son!

Oh, and BTW, my little 27 year old 1.8 8V will go 318 miles on one 10 gallon tank, you do the math!

BTW, the Montana Green Mk2 on BBSs is pretty fcuking hawt!
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.
MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.
Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Image

User avatar
sneakyboy1
Euro Addict!!!
Euro Addict!!!
Posts: 2344
Joined: Jan Wed 09, 2008 1:30 am
Vehicles: 03 B6 A4 3.0 6MT
63 VW Bug
83 GTI
83 CJ7
Location: Missoula, MT
Contact:

Re: School me on GTIs

Post by sneakyboy1 » Apr Tue 19, 2011 2:14 pm

You should look into 76scirocco's MKII.
MKIII's are easier to find because they are not nearly as cool as the MKIIs ;-)
I'd hold out for a MKII.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"Confucious Say: Man who have dubs in driveway walk out of house in morning with smile, but then move around two dubs to leave." JD3

User avatar
Bobcat Sig
In the engine bay...
In the engine bay...
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar Wed 07, 2007 7:16 pm
Vehicles: e46 330Ci, UZJ100 Land Cruiser
Location: Bozeman, MT
Contact:

Re: School me on GTIs

Post by Bobcat Sig » Apr Tue 19, 2011 2:33 pm

StaggeredMK4 wrote:You should look into 76scirocco's MKII.
MKIII's are easier to find because they are not nearly as cool as the MKIIs ;-)
I'd hold out for a MKII.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I did. I don't think an engine is part of it. :tear:
Basically, I'm looking for a driver.

User avatar
MT-Getto
Euro Addict!!!
Euro Addict!!!
Posts: 2718
Joined: Dec Sun 17, 2006 11:46 am
Vehicles: 70 dzl-camper
20VTMK2GLI
A8L, Ubaru, RAM
Location: Fraggle Rock

School me on GTIs

Post by MT-Getto » Apr Wed 20, 2011 8:29 am

Rennwagen1 wrote:
MT-Getto wrote:8v is not a real GTI.
That right there young man is a good way to get yourself kicked out of the GTi club!
Easy big fella :) I should have specified mk2..... Sorry. Your 8v gti hits a soft spot in my heart. I love that true GTI
It's not how fast you go. It's how well you go fast.

User avatar
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather
The Dubfather
Posts: 4166
Joined: Nov Mon 06, 2006 5:21 pm
Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6
Location: ZooTown Represent!

Re: School me on GTIs

Post by Rennwagen1 » Apr Wed 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Okay, now you are forgiven, and maybe you will get a ride in Whitey someday. If you bring her rabbit munchies.
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.
MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.
Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Image

Post Reply