I Need some help with keys

Discussion forum for Audi A4/S4/RS4

Postby DimichPhotography on Apr Mon 09, 2012 12:37 am

Hi I am a new member of BSE But have been active in the BSS boards. I Bought an 02 Audi A4 3.0 quattro 2 days ago! Yay.... well i need alot of help which seems to be hard to come by from the amount of calls ive placed! I have lost my only key. Long story short it flew out of my sweatshirt pocket and into a flushing toliet. What a way to break in a car! I already pulled the sewer out of my house and came back with nothing... no hear is where the problems start! I called to Audi In Bozeman and they need me to tow it there. I Live in Red Lodge so i hope the users in this forum can understand why that is really not an option. I hired a locksmith who cut me keys fine but can not program because of an aftermarket radio installed. I of course figured The Previous owner used a wiring harness so i pulled the old radio to put a stock one out of a buddys car in and found all the wire connectors were cut! The locksmith said he could not continue programing until he had the pin for my car. I called audi in bozeman and other various dealers in the region and was basically told they refuse to release the code to me! Some dealers even told me the 2002 did not have an immo.

Anyways my question would be is there any one on this forum that would be willing to help me get the pin for the key i am willing to pay cash for someone to help me thanks-

Andrew Dimich
406-425-3384
DimichPhotography
n00b...

n00b...

Postby YASHA7FOLD on Apr Mon 09, 2012 8:54 am

Man that sucks. I have an 02 A6 and yes they have immobilizes. I had to take mine to Bozeman just to get a second key. So in short of taking yours to Bozeman I'm not sure what your options are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
.R13 5 (o\!/o)
..╚╬╬╝
... 24
YASHA7FOLD
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Vehicles: 58 Buggy,65 Baja,69 Beetle, 72 Westy

Re: I Need some help with keys

Postby Mikewire on Apr Mon 09, 2012 9:05 am

Yeah, there's no way around that. Only Audi dealers have the capability to deal with the SKU and cluster, so you'll have to get your car to Bozeman for them to deal with it. Bummer.

I also took my car up have them program my keys when I added a couple of keys.

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Re: I Need some help with keys

Postby DimichPhotography on Apr Wed 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Surprisingly the locksmith up here in Red Lodge was able to get the skc code and program me a set of fully fuctional keys! who would have thought! thanks for the help guys! looking forward to joining the euro community!
DimichPhotography
n00b...

n00b...

Return to Audi A4/S4/RS4