What did you do for your Audi today? :)

This discussion forum is for any general discussions related to all makes and models of Audi.

Moderator: Mikewire

Re: What did you do for your Audi today? :)

Postby MT-Getto on Dec Thu 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Tom scar'd up my buddy's car.
It's not how fast you go. It's how well you go fast.
MT-Getto
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Vehicles: 70 dzl-camper
20VTMK2GLI
A8L, Ubaru, RAM

Postby uberaudi on Dec Thu 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Yeah they didn't do a great job on mine either on more than one car...I like Interwest the best so far. The guy there is a little squirrley, but he works with you if time is on your side.
uberaudi
In the trunk...

In the trunk...

Vehicles: Avant 20vt#1, Avant 20vt#2, Vanagon AW

Postby MT-Getto on Dec Fri 20, 2013 7:06 am

B and L at four corners now gets my business. Was sent there by autowerks. Brent knows his way around the Audis
MT-Getto
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

20VTMK2GLI
A8L, Ubaru, RAM

Postby kompressorgolf on Dec Fri 20, 2013 12:04 pm

good to know, and hes close!
68 bug daily 78 16vt bunny in the works updates soon***********************
kompressorgolf

Vehicles: 86 audi SQ, b3 coupe Quattro, 92 urs4

Postby uberaudi on Dec Sat 28, 2013 11:44 pm

With this week off I had a chance to finish up some postponed fixes on the 4K. I put together the interior so now that's complete and looks the part. I threw in an old school Jensen tape deck for good measure too. It matches the interior lighting pretty well and is better than what was in there, plus it 'pulls out' to keep those who steal 80's tape decks at bay ahaa...

I also did an oil change filter, threw on some new Contitech drive belts, and fixed the coolant leak. Looks like someone in it's past life replaced the thermostat (with a German one too, wow!) and put the wrong o-ring on the wrong side of the thermostat so coolant leaked right past it. With that fixed, there are no more leaks so that's great! Also rebled the clutch so now that's good to go too. It could definitely benefit from a firewall support though. The firewall moves about a half an inch when you depress the clutch and that soaks up some of the pedal feel, but for now she's runnin like a raped ape. A 110hp raped ape!

Also, the diff lock actuators have vacuum leaks so they don't actuate for the time being. I just manually locked them for now but we need more snow. I can't tell if people turn their heads because they like the car or because I keep squeaking around corners ahaha :nod:
uberaudi
In the trunk...

In the trunk...

Postby MT-Getto on Dec Sun 29, 2013 10:31 am

^^^ nice work Richie :) I really like that thing!

After bozeman Audi said the front end was solid and charged me a premium for an alignment, I replaced all the worn out control arms and tierod ends on the a4. :)

Did both upper and lower with the HD upgraded set.

Now I get to take more time off, to get another alignment done........
MT-Getto
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

20VTMK2GLI
A8L, Ubaru, RAM

Postby uberaudi on Dec Sun 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Damn dude, that's ambitous! I haven't had good luck dealing with Bozeman Audi either. For as long as you have to wait, you would think the job would be done correctly and to a higher standard...not so much...

On another note, my 4K never came with the lower radiator shroud. For some reason, Audi decided that it was a good idea to use cardboard for a piece that takes the brunt of the weather. I couldn't imagine them lasting more than a couple seasons so today, I made a quick bracket and an aluminum skid/shroud to prevent any debris from coming up off the road and killing my radiator. I used some scrap aluminum sheet, aka roadsign, and bent it over some steel to form the angles. I really need to get my brake press constructed as wailing an oversized hammer in the garage seems to make my daughter's naps really short...A little flat black and the 4K is even more ready for snowmageden...hurry up!
uberaudi
In the trunk...

In the trunk...

Postby uberaudi on Jan Sun 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Here's the aluminum shroud that I bent up to protect and direct the radiator. Don't mind the cracked spoiler :laughing: :

Also made a gauge plate to replace the center fresh air vent. Only one gauge for now so the others get blanked out:
This gauge is from '77!

And installed some driving lights, they really light up the night! They came off my van as I was cleaning it up and I was going to toss them because they're the cheapo Blazer brand. Then I noticed they had some Osram made in Germany 100w bulbs so they went on the 4K instead, properly relayed of course:

I love this car! Last night was awesome terrorizing Livingston with all the new snow. No one out, parking lots empty, 6" of fresh, and locked diffs...oh yes!
uberaudi
In the trunk...

In the trunk...

Postby benno3231 on Jan Tue 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Gotta love a 4k in the snow!!
-Fukengruven

92 S4
91 Golf VR6
benno3231
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Postby uberaudi on Jan Sat 18, 2014 10:26 pm

I ordered up some new swaybar clamps from bozo audi and walked out of there for less than 20 bucks! That's got to be a new record!

Old:

New:

A lot better now, still worn out struts, but better :)
uberaudi
In the trunk...

In the trunk...

PreviousNext

Return to Audi Lounge