10" Subs?

This discussion forum is for audio, video, security, navigation systems, satellite radio etc.

Moderators: Rennwagen1, Mikewire

10" Subs?

Postby Checkers on Oct Fri 26, 2007 1:13 am

I'm starting to look into what I'm gonna be running in the back of the GTI. I'm thinking two tens of some kind. I'm a fan of Memphis so wanna grab me some prices Aeron?

No sure what kind of amp or anything at all so who can help me out?

My max box size is going to be 36"x10"x16"

I'm sticking with the boombox theme so that's why I have size limits.

Who can help me out here?
1997 F-350 6BT | 1996 Trek | 1996 A6 Avant | 1980 Westfalia
Checkers

Vehicles: 97F3506BT80Westy96Trek96A6Avant

Postby Rennwagen1 on Oct Fri 26, 2007 8:36 am

Whast kind of power are you going to be running, and how loud do you want to go? I have full supprt on enclosure sizes from Memphis, so we can get a sub that will fit you car, and power requirements, budget, et. al. Are you looking for a pre-fab box, or are you wanting to build it yourself? Off the top of my head, I would suggest the M1124D. M1 series, dual 4 ohm VC, 300/600 power rating. and they take very little airspace sealed, like .5 cu.ft. per side. They are a very good all around sub, I also suggested this sub to Ramrod when he was here last, but he is much more space restricted than you. Retail on them is usually $229.00, but the BSVW price is $199.00 each. I have them in stock.

If you are looking for even bigger boom, then you would want to go with the M3 series. Modular design, so they are field serviceable if they ever have any problems(oh the M1s are the same also!). 400/800 power handling single or dual 4 ohm VC is available. I personally have these in my Jetta and they pound.(I have a 12" version, thought)Retail price $279, BSVW price $249.00 each, good in stock

If you are looking for very good sound quality(not that the others sound bad, but these are designed for sound Q ssytems) the M class is for you! Carbon fiber cones, dual rolled surrounds, very good transitions, awesome sounding sub. 200/400 watt power handling (not that they won't ba as lound, but they know that people using this sub are going to be using very clean power, so they don't need much) Retail $129, BSVW price 109.00 each, good in stock. Dn't let the low price foo you, these are great subs!

If your budget is at the top of the list, the Pwer Reference class is the way to go stamped steel baskets, rubber surrounds, 2" voicecoils and good power handling. 250/500 watt handling, retail price $89, BSVW price $79.00, good in stock. I should sell these subs for much more than I do, but I like to get them out there for everyone to see. These will kick the crap out of the Rockford P1/P2s!

More info on all of these items can be found at www.memphiscaraudio.com

Well I bet you weren't expecting that! I haven't even gotten into amplifiers yet! Depending on what you are looking for, I can get some package deals together for you if you are looking to keep it all Memphis, which I would highly suggest. IM or cal me if you want, or we can keep this public also. Ohh, now you got me all excited!!
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby CBCGSXR1000 on Oct Fri 26, 2007 11:09 am

Sony suck but a best buy they have a 1200watt amp $208.
I have one runnig 2,10"and 1, 12" just adjust gain and make a cover
so noone know u got a sony.
they sound good and last trust me i was amazed with the one i got
Also should put a batery(i have two in blazer) in trunk or cap so
ur lights dont dim when bass hits. :unibrow:
CHRIS
CBCGSXR1000
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: 2

Postby Rennwagen1 on Oct Fri 26, 2007 11:31 am

Here is a good rule of thumb. For good power you should pay about +/- a dollar a watt. I wouldn't go anything less. Not saying that Sony doesn't make good product(hell, it is the ONLY thing I run at home.), but that sounds hella chap for 1200 watts. But it is Best Buy I suppose, those guys have crazy buying power, trust me :paranoid:
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Mikewire on Oct Fri 26, 2007 11:55 am

I picked up my Fosgate 400 (two channel) for like $150 from BB...

Markup on car audio is at least 50%. My little bro worked there and he bought me a HU, Sub, enclosure, wiring kit and 4 speakers for just over $450. :o

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby Rennwagen1 on Oct Fri 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Mark up used to be that way. You have to try hard to find that these days......

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Mikewire on Oct Fri 26, 2007 1:45 pm

Rennwagen1 wrote:Mark up used to be that way. You have to try hard to find that these days......

Yeah that was a while back for sure.

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby Rennwagen1 on Oct Fri 26, 2007 2:02 pm

yeah, on some new decks, I am doing well if I am making 15-20 dollars(not percent) on them! That is why labor ahs gone up so much in the 12 volt world. We have to make money somewhere to stay in business!

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Mill3niumThr33 on Oct Fri 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Yea you are definitely cheaper than most audio places. For example premier fx is the most over priced place I have seen in a while. My roomate worked there and got his pioneer avic d3 for cost which was close to 700 less than the lowest negotiable price :eek: His entire system cost him less than 2k when it should have cost him around 4 or 5. [Avic D3, kicker L5, 1000.1 alpine, 450.5 alpine, 4 Alpine Type R Components + 1 Alpine Center Din Speaker in dash, 0 gauge wire, cap, 5.1 processor, navi add on] He's got some serious audio.

Only thing that pounds harder than his single Kicker Solobaric L5 12 that I have heard is The JL W7's
RIP Das Pikl - Long Live The Black Olive
Mill3niumThr33
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Postby Rennwagen1 on Oct Fri 26, 2007 3:37 pm

See it all depends on who you are. I bet he got some employee accomdation for the Alpine stuff. That means that he contacted his alpine rep directly, told him what he wanted, and then he get a better deal, (better than cost)but that is only for the store employees only. You have to prove that you work there and have for a while, that way the salesmen aren't "hooking up" thier friends so they can sell it to them really cheap. When I do EA for my guys, I have to draw out a system diagram on what they have, and what they want, they have to sign a contract that says they won't sell it(meaning when the rep comes around he expects to see it in the car) and I sign it saying that he works for me. Seems like a lot of hoops, but it can save you some money.

I'm not really the cheapest around, but I am not the most expensive, either. And I give "hook ups" to all the BSVW guys :nod:

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Next

Return to Car Audio & Electronics