iPod/iPhone adapter

This discussion forum is for audio, video, security, navigation systems, satellite radio etc.

Moderators: Rennwagen1, Mikewire

TDI in MT
Kicking the tires...
Kicking the tires...
Vehicles: 07 Honda Accord

iPod/iPhone adapter

Post by TDI in MT » Jun Fri 21, 2013 9:38 pm

I have an iPod touch (4th generation) and was looking for a way to connect it to my '03 Golf TDI. The stock Monsoon radio/CD/tape unit didn't have an aux. input, Bluetooth or USB so I had to find another way. Buying a new radio was not happening since I don't care for aftermarket units. They look like aftermarket, and with the 8 speaker, 200 watt system my car came with from the factory, it can get pretty loud. :thumbsup:

This is what I found, and it is really cool. http://www.scosche.com/1998-up-volkswag ... -interface It takes the place of the optional external 6 CD changer that my car didn't have anyhow. It plugs in to the back of the radio where the external CD changer's cable is.

To the radio, it is a CD player. You can control the iPod from the radio, or from the iPod. I don't have an iPhone, but I bet it will play the music from it. (I don't know about phone call audio; does it go through the radio speakers? Would be pretty cool if it did.) The iPod is also charging while it's connected.

You can also use a non-iPod device through it's 3.5mm aux input jack. I haven't tried it and probably won't, all I care about is the iPod.

The only part that's visible is the 5' long cable connecting it to the iPod.