Simple stereo install

This discussion forum is for audio, video, security, navigation systems, satellite radio etc.

Moderators: Rennwagen1, Mikewire

Simple stereo install

Postby busafied05 on Dec Wed 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Hello,

So I want to put in an Alpine head unit that I had in another car but can't find the sleeve. Where would I get a replacement sleeve? I can't seem to find a site that sells them, then again probably not something alot of people ask for. Also, any suggestions on the best place to buy the wiring harness, antenna adapter, and dash pocket?

thx.
2003 Jetta TDI (125k)
Mods: .658 5th gear swap, Bosio .216 DLC injectors, Qloader from KermaTDI, Valeo SMF clutch Kit
busafied05
n00b...

n00b...

Vehicles: 03 Jetta TDI
02 Tahoe
05 Suzuki GSX1300r

Re: Simple stereo install

Postby Mikewire on Dec Wed 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Any knowledgeable Alpine dealer/installer should be able to get you the sleeve (called a DIN cage) as long as you can give them the model # of the head unit. Or I bet you can maybe find it on eBay or something.

The best place to get your install kit and harnesses (don't forget the radio keys) would be Rennwagen1 here on the site. He owns Warrior Auto Works and should be able to get you all the stuff you need. PM him or you should be able to find his number on the site somewhere.

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby Rennwagen1 on Dec Thu 31, 2009 6:15 pm

Umm, yeah, Ricky, I have all that. Probably including the mounting can. Haven't you been in the actual shop at my shop when I worked on your car? I have a whole wall of that stuff!! Call me next week, and we can get it figured out. Do you have the double DIN stereo in that car? I think I have everything you need, but I am at home right now.
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby busafied05 on Dec Thu 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks Aeron, I kinda feel bad asking you because originally I wanted you to install everything but I simply can't pay to do it (not that you are pricey) since I haven't been able to find work. We need good trustworthy mechanics like you around! I have the double din, I am also going to put an amp and 2 small subs. Thanks again! I give you a call next week.

Happy New Year
2003 Jetta TDI (125k)
Mods: .658 5th gear swap, Bosio .216 DLC injectors, Qloader from KermaTDI, Valeo SMF clutch Kit
busafied05
n00b...

n00b...

Vehicles: 03 Jetta TDI
02 Tahoe
05 Suzuki GSX1300r

Postby Roadhog on Dec Thu 31, 2009 7:57 pm

I'd lock your doors at night... j/k.
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats