Wiring Color Codes

This discussion forum is for audio, video, security, navigation systems, satellite radio etc.

Moderators: Rennwagen1, Mikewire

Wiring Color Codes

Postby Rennwagen1 on Nov Tue 28, 2006 2:15 pm

In case anyone is needing them, I have access to the wiring for stereos and body wiring for remote starters, etc. I also have a Bentley manuals for MK1, Mk2, MK3 if you need anything more in depth. I am also pretty good at figuring out wiring conundrums, if you have something wierd going on. Just putting it out there for you guys!
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby t53a on Nov Tue 28, 2006 9:59 pm

heh.....

i've been battleing some wireing issues with not only the brown rabbit, but also the new rocco.

yes i do have a bentley, and yes it is my bible.

but im really starting to hate this stupid MK1 wiring. all of my german mk1's have had issues, and its becoming a common thing.

so i guess my real question is has anyone ever rebuild or built a harnass from scratch?. it really dosnt seem that hard but i would still need a ton of wires and some generic fuze box. could i still use all the plugs from the old harness like at the wiper stalks? and things such as the head light switch, rear defoger, and hazards?

TIA!
Kevin
Kevin K
92 legacy turbo
94 legacy sedan

"Forced induction - Babies get bottles, real men get blown."
t53a
Spoolin!

Spoolin!

Vehicles: subi's and vdubs

Postby Rennwagen1 on Nov Thu 30, 2006 2:44 pm

Why are you wanting to build a harness form scratch? I am sure that you are having some electrical problems, but that may be a bit drastic, unless you are wanting to build a purpose built car. I have an 80 rabbit that I removed all the factory wiring from, but I used a Painless Wiring Universal 12-curcuit street legal race car harness for mine. H/l, T/L T/S wipers and the rest of the basics, but nothing like heat, AC, stereo, or an "creature comforts" I think that migh tbe more what you are looking for, instead of trying to build your own. The PW kits can be spendy, but every wire is labeled and it comes wiht a fuse box and you can of course solder your factory ends on to the wires(in fact you kinda have to, to make things work). The install is pretty srtaight forward and the instructions are pretty good (you will have to make some changes for your application of course) Anyway, that is just my .02. LMK if you have any questions. ALso, I have access to the PW Kits if you end up needing one.

www.painlesswiring.com

If you are ever in Misssoula, and want to see the rabbit, I can show you how I wired the car, what ends I saved, what I had to solder in, etc...
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby t53a on Nov Thu 30, 2006 7:52 pm

well the brown rabbit is back up and runnin. no more wiring issues with her.

the rocco is gettin to me. but im perty sure i have it fixed, just waitin on the recipt for the alt as it has already gone bad.

my brother and i are planning a day in zoo town within a month or 2.
ill let you know when we decide on a weekend or something. i would love to see your little VW farm :P
Kevin K
92 legacy turbo
94 legacy sedan

"Forced induction - Babies get bottles, real men get blown."
t53a
Spoolin!

Spoolin!

Vehicles: subi's and vdubs

Postby Rennwagen1 on Dec Fri 01, 2006 9:07 am

Yeah, LMK when you are coming over, always wanting to put faces with SN, ya know? YOU may even discover something in my rabbit hutch that you can't live without! I decided to stop hoarding everything I can get my hands on, and sell what I don't need specifically for my projects, I am running out of room......

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Mikewire on Apr Mon 23, 2007 4:26 pm

Aeron, can you explain why (in the Passat) my right blinker works only when I have the lights off? Left works fine no matter what. There's a wiring conundrum for ya... :p

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby Rennwagen1 on Apr Mon 23, 2007 8:50 pm

Does the parking light work? I can't remember if the parking light and turn signal are in the same housing in that car. Does the rear right turn signal work? Can we nail this down to one corner of the car? I need some more info, man!! :paranoid:

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Roadhog on Apr Mon 23, 2007 9:01 pm

yay wiring issues! I'm glad my rado doesnt have any.. *knock on wood*

:mrgreen:

I find the Bently is awesome for wiring diagrams.. They are so easy to understand. Everyone else says they are confusing as hell... Dunno what they are talking about. :p
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby Mikewire on Apr Tue 24, 2007 12:21 am

Rennwagen1 wrote:Does the parking light work? I can't remember if the parking light and turn signal are in the same housing in that car. Does the rear right turn signal work? Can we nail this down to one corner of the car? I need some more info, man!! :paranoid:

Ok, so detail it is. Light switch on the left by the vent - 3 position: on, parking, off - turn stalk on the column. Car has no MFA.

Light switch in the off position - left works (F&R), right works (F&R) with a fast blink (wrong bulb I believe in the right front) and all hazard lights blink (F&R). Light switch in the parking light position - left works (F&R), right does not blink (F&R), relay does not click, only left hazards blink (F&R). Same with the light switch in the full on position. Parking lights work, but like I said I think the right side front has the wrong bulb because of the fast blink.

I changed the turn stalk and now the right will blink, but only with the light switch in the off position. Checked all fuses, and they look fine. Relays I'm not too sure about, and the light switch seems fine.

Does that help?

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby kompressorgolf on Apr Tue 24, 2007 4:10 pm

post some stuff in your rabbit bin in mk1 classys, i would love to take a look :nod:
68 bug daily 78 16vt bunny in the works updates soon***********************
kompressorgolf

Vehicles: 86 audi SQ, b3 coupe Quattro, 92 urs4

Next

Return to Car Audio & Electronics