Wiring Color Codes

This discussion forum is for audio, video, security, navigation systems, satellite radio etc.

Moderators: Rennwagen1, Mikewire

Postby Rennwagen1 on Apr Wed 25, 2007 7:35 pm

Fast blink means that the bulb is not working correctly i.e. not enough resistance in the circuit to trip the relay. If you switched out the wiper stalk and now you have more stuff getting closer to working correctly, try checking on the relays. Also try changing out all the bulbs, regardless if they work now or not, sometimes they are corroded and will not work correctly. Also check the bulb sockets for corrosion. corrosion is the enemy of electronics. You might squirt some dielectric grease in the sockets if they look funky.
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby Rennwagen1 on Apr Wed 25, 2007 8:09 pm

kompressorgolf wrote:post some stuff in your rabbit bin in mk1 classys, i would love to take a look :nod:

You mean me? What do you need?
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Mill3niumThr33 on Apr Wed 25, 2007 11:04 pm

My door switches are going out so my alarm doesn't shut off when the doors unlock, my car doors wont lock when i press the remote lock button once, and my interior lights do not come on when I open my driver door.

I know it is the driver side door switch...i am just not prepared to tear apart my door to get to the switch then try to clean 5 microswitches that will mabye cure the problem. :rolleyes:
RIP Das Pikl - Long Live The Black Olive
Mill3niumThr33
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Postby Rennwagen1 on Apr Thu 26, 2007 8:44 am

Mk4 Owns Joo.

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Mikewire on Apr Thu 26, 2007 10:44 pm

Fixed my blinker issue - turns out is was a mix of wrong/missing bulbs. After rearranging a few and replacing 3 different bulbs all blinkers work at all positions of the light switch! Thanks Aeron.

Know how to disable DRL's on the B3? Something about a yellow wire behind the coolant res?

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby Rennwagen1 on Apr Fri 27, 2007 12:19 pm

If you can find it, I think the relay is has "110" on it. Try pullling that and see what happens. Either your DRL are disabled, or your car self destructs. Which might not be that bad on a B3. On my 97 Jetta, I found a single yellow wire in a yellow plug and unhooked that, and it worked for me, but we are comparing 97 Jetta to 90 Passat. But you never know!

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Rennwagen1 on Apr Fri 27, 2007 12:20 pm

If you can find it, I think the relay is has "110" on it. Try pullling that and see what happens. Either your DRL are disabled, or your car self destructs. Which might not be that bad on a B3. On my 97 Jetta, I found a single yellow wire in a yellow plug coming out of the top of the fuse panel and unhooked that, and it worked for me, but we are comparing 97 Jetta to 90 Passat. But you never know!

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Previous

Return to Car Audio & Electronics