My Radio Is In Safe Mode

This discussion forum is for audio, video, security, navigation systems, satellite radio etc.

Moderators: Rennwagen1, Mikewire

My Radio Is In Safe Mode

Postby bigmontana on Aug Fri 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Ok so I got the new bulbs I bought from Aeron installed, and they look killer, however, I do have a slight problem, I read the install instructions, which I should not have, but I did anyways and unhooked my negative batt cable like instructed to. However it played havoc on the car and now my radio is in safe mode. Does anyone know if there is a way to reprogram the radio without having to go to the stealership. I have the radio key can I do it myself? Thanks for the help/input.
1963 Beetle
2001 Passat 4moWagon (Sold)
2000 Mercedes E320 Wagon
bigmontana
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Vehicles: 1963 Beetle 2000 Mercedes E320 Wagon

Postby Mikewire on Aug Fri 15, 2008 9:43 pm

You need the four digit code that should be somewhere in your manual or somewhere. You type it in using the preset # buttons then press >. Just gotta find that code.

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby Rennwagen1 on Aug Fri 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Mike is correct, however if you cannot find the code in your manual, which is pretty common if you are not the original owner, you have to call the dealership. You will need the serial number off the deck itself, which means that you will have to pull it, and you will need special radio removal keys to do that. once you have the serial number and your VIN, you can call the service dept of your local dealer and they can look up the code. If they tell you that they can't they are lying. Try another dealer. SOrry that you are having trouble, but you did do it the correct way!
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby bigmontana on Aug Fri 15, 2008 10:20 pm

That sucks, because he did not leave me the code. Is there a way to look it up online? And is this my radio key? If not do you know what it is. The guy I bought the car from, ewho was the original owner had it taped to the window sticker and I left it there. I think it is the radio key, but it is awfully flimsy.

If it is I'll try to pull the radio tomorrow. If not I guess I can go to the dealership and have them pull it. and give me the code and reset it too for that matter.

I thought the newer style radios knew there code if they had gone into safe mode. Am I wrong about that. I guess I could have the key turned on for three seconds to see. I never did that before.

Thanks for the help guys.
1963 Beetle
2001 Passat 4moWagon (Sold)
2000 Mercedes E320 Wagon
bigmontana
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Vehicles: 1963 Beetle 2000 Mercedes E320 Wagon

Return to Car Audio & Electronics