P1570 Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer--Intermitant

Discussion area for the New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible

Moderator: Mikewire

P1570 Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer--Intermitant

Postby AKRadar on Oct Thu 14, 2010 12:05 pm

:question: Ok, as i am still taking my time to trace the vacuum leak that throws my CEL, i have noticed another code appearing on my trouble codes... Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer--- P1570 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent. I am looking for any suggestions as to how i can look for the problem.

So far the problem is contained in the CEL logs and very rarely with the functionality of the bug... But immobailiser.. well has me wanting to take preventave measures.
So far, (less than the times i have noted the P1570) has the car ever started, ran for 2-3 seconds, then stopped with no extra lights indicating a problem. I mostly though this was from short-starting the car (Not holding the key in start long enough). The problem does seem to be related to the cold mornings we have had here in the ZOO.. but intermittant enough i dont recall. Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Thanks!
The bus stopped with a jerk, and I got off. --Hawkeye Pierce
AKRadar
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Re: P1570 Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer--Intermitant

Postby Mikewire on Oct Thu 14, 2010 1:43 pm

A. Do you see the code 01176 - Key: Signal too Low in addition to the 01570 code? You may need to get into the immo module in VCDS to see other codes.

B.If you clear it the code, does it come back?

If it comes back after clearing it, there's a couple of things you can do:
1. Check the ECU relay/power
2. Clear the ECU - short the battery cables by taking the + and - off the battery and touching them together for 15 seconds.
3. Key match your keys via VCDS

Do step 1 and see if the code comes back, stop going to the next step when the code doesn't come back.

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby AKRadar on Oct Thu 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Well as for the IMMO module.. I do not have access to the PIN/SKU code... and not sure how i can get ahold of it. I only have a cheap Ebay cable and when i look at the imo, it does not even read the main info properly so i dont tinker with it (to avoid corruption.) Any suggesitons or folks that could help me get the code would help.
As for the low signal, not yet.. but along those thoughts, i may use my valet key to see if the code reappears.. Shame i only have 2 keys :(
As for clearing the code.. I did the other day (3-4 days ago) along with my air flow error.. and today as i was playing with some things noted the code again.. I will be scanning regularly to try to narrow down the cause. Thanks for the tips.. will kep you posted.
The bus stopped with a jerk, and I got off. --Hawkeye Pierce
AKRadar
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby choptopvolksrod on Oct Thu 14, 2010 10:25 pm

im not to sure if the beetles are the same type of system but we get a lot of passats where the steering colum lock module/immobilizer goes bad and creats intermittent no starts.
choptopvolksrod
In the trunk...

In the trunk...

Vehicles: 71super, chopped75, 56oval, 67drag bug

Postby Rennwagen1 on Oct Tue 19, 2010 9:40 pm

yeah, if you are having short run problems, you have an issue with the immo and the key talking. I deal with it all the time with remote starters....
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Return to New Beetle & New Beetle Convertible