All My Children....err....I mean Cabbies...

Discussion area for all Cabriolet/Cabrio models

Moderator: Mikewire

All My Children....err....I mean Cabbies...

Postby Lucky on Nov Fri 10, 2006 6:53 pm

While I love VWs in general, the MK1 Cabby owns my soul. Image

I have 6 cabbies. Well...technically 8, if you inclued my parts cabby, and an extra cabby shell. It's just missing the engine and drivetrain, but I only bought it for the body itself, so it doesn't really matter. Once I switch out the shells, I may make a track cabby out of the old one...who knows.

But anyway....here are some pics and a little info on each one:

Image This is Kitty, my 1988 Cabriolet. (Yes, all my dubs have names. :P) She is my favorite, and the first car that brought on the VW Cabby madness. :lol: I bought her for $2000, and have since put in an ungodly $23k + into her. :shock: It's insane.

She's currently in the process of getting a 2.0 ABA swap, which will hopefully be completed in the next few weeks. On a side note, anybody wanting to come help me with that is more than welcome! Free beer and fun in exchange for some expertise! ;) More Kitty Pics Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Trixie is my 1985 (soon to be an '86) Cabriolet, that is in need of the most cosmetic work. I bought her for only $300, and traveled to a tiny town in Oregon to pick her up and bring her home. Since she has so many dings and such in her, I had the opportunity to purchase this shell (4th pic) and since I was going to already be shaving the side markers and such, I figured the $200 for the shell was well worth it, because the auto body work would have far exceeded that. Sooo...once I get the shell painted a triple process pearl white, I will transfer all of the parts from the '85 over to the newly painted shell. More Trixie Pics Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Roxy is a 1991 Etienne Aigner Edition Cabriolet, that will more than likely remain pretty much stock I think. She is one of the rarest editions, and since she's in such good shape, I think I'll let her stay that way, and just get a few dings and dents fixed, and a respray.

I flew to Philly to purchase Roxy for a mere $500, picked her up, and drove her the 2500 miles home, with only one issue with the starter. She did very well. ;) More Roxy Pics Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Bandit is a 1992 Cabriolet, and he has given me the most problems mechanically so far. :roll: I've got some issues with him right now, but are being put on hold while I focus on the engine swaps I have going on. But when he's done, he's going be pretty pimp. The inspiration behind Bandit's theme: The Trans-Am from Smokey & The Bandit. 8) More Bandit Pics Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Minxy, my other 1992 Cabby is the one with the biggest plan mechanically. She's already got her engine bay pretty much cleaned out, and ready for the new engine she's going to be getting; A VR6, most likely to be turbo eventually, possibly twin turbo, if I can find somebody who knows what the hell they are doing up here. :lol:

Cosmetically, she's going to pretty much be a Kitty clone, but with a few minor changes. It's a long story, and I've already typed too much here, so I'll just shorten it to say that I got screwed over on a few things with Kitty, and so I decided to get another cabby to be able to see my dream car become a reality and a positive experience, not one full of disappointment like Kitty became, due to the ignorance and incompetance of some of the people I hired to work on her. :roll: More Minxy Pics Image

Image Image Image Image

Image This is my newest cabby, an '86, that I bought at an auction last weekend. She's still on the trailer from the trip, still nameless, with no specific vision or plan yet. I simply can't decide. :? It was a steal though, at $525, for a running cabby with a good body and a BBS kit on it. 8) More New Cabby Pics Image

Image Image Image Image

I'll try to start a build up thread for each of them soon, to get some content rolling in this forum, even if I'm the only one who reads and replies to my own posts. :P

There just doesn't seem to be any Montana Cabby love besides me. :cry: Ah well....I think I probably have enough love in my own driveway to make up for it. It's like a G2G every day at my place! :lol:
Last edited by Lucky on Nov Mon 13, 2006 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lucky
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby mtrabidrabbit on Nov Fri 10, 2006 11:17 pm

well im willin to bet why there aint no cabby love up here....6 months of snow and sub zero temps :roll: . but hey what the hell do i know...keep turnin out them purdy cabbies.
They say im F$#ked. I say Im just slightly unbalanced.
mtrabidrabbit
n00b...

n00b...

Postby Lucky on Nov Mon 13, 2006 3:19 am

Eh...a little snow and chilly temps don't bother me much. 8)

Lucky
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby I B GOLFIN on Jul Mon 02, 2007 5:56 pm

Not to be snoopy or anything but that area looks alot like lolo mt. Ive got a good friend that live there.
I B GOLFIN
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Lucky on Jul Mon 02, 2007 6:56 pm

S'ok, Mister Snoopy.... you've asked about my time and monies, and now my location..... I tell ya..... if I were the paranoid type............................. :paranoid:

:lol:

No, it's not Lolo... though I am close to it. ;) I actually live in Lakeside. Just south of Kalispell. :)
Lucky
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby kompressorgolf on Jul Mon 02, 2007 11:41 pm

lakeside erm :ninja: achtung im in yer woods steelin yur cabbiez :p
68 bug daily 78 16vt bunny in the works updates soon***********************
kompressorgolf

Vehicles: 86 audi SQ, b3 coupe Quattro, 92 urs4

Postby I B GOLFIN on Jul Tue 03, 2007 12:06 am

No stalkin here just curious :unibrow: . Cool collection tho.
I B GOLFIN
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Return to Cabriolet