Lucky is an idiot.

Discussion area for all Cabriolet/Cabrio models

Moderator: Mikewire

Lucky is an idiot.

Postby Lucky on Jun Fri 22, 2007 11:17 am

Kitty's tranny sorta crapped out on me, with no 5th gear, and a few others acting kinda funky, so I decided to get a new tranny swapped in before attempting to make the trip to Washington this weekend.

So I got to work disconnecting things... (click pics to enlarge)

Image Image Image Image Image

Now I ALWAYS stress to everybody else... when working on the car, step #1 is to DISCONNECT the battery.... And I don't know what the hell happened to me, but I am the biggest idiot EVAR. :roll:

I guess I was just a little excited and anxious to get the job done, and just totally broke my #1 rule. :smirk:

I forgot to disconnect the battery. :roll: And...... of course we all know what happens when you don't disconnect the battery, right??

Yep... shorted something out, and the oil pressure sensor thingy decided to catch fire, and as a piece of flaming twisty-tie burned off, it fell, and narrowly missed my face by about an inch. :shock:

So yeah..... now I have to finish the tranny swap, and then figure out what all I f-ed up on the wiring with my stupid, stupid, stupid mistake. :cry:

I just hope I didn't do too much damage, and can get her back in order before it's time to head to Waterfest. *sigh*
Lucky
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Re: Lucky is an idiot.

Postby Roadhog on Jun Fri 22, 2007 12:11 pm

Lucky wrote:Kitty's tranny sorta crapped out on me, with no 5th gear, and a few others acting kinda funky, so I decided to get a new tranny swapped in before attempting to make the trip to Washington this weekend.

So I got to work disconnecting things... (click pics to enlarge)

Image Image Image Image Image

Now I ALWAYS stress to everybody else... when working on the car, step #1 is to DISCONNECT the battery.... And I don't know what the hell happened to me, but I am the biggest idiot EVAR. :roll:

I guess I was just a little excited and anxious to get the job done, and just totally broke my #1 rule. :smirk:

I forgot to disconnect the battery. :roll: And...... of course we all know what happens when you don't disconnect the battery, right??

Yep... shorted something out, and the oil pressure sensor thingy decided to catch fire, and as a piece of flaming twisty-tie burned off, it fell, and narrowly missed my face by about an inch. :shock:

So yeah..... now I have to finish the tranny swap, and then figure out what all I f-ed up on the wiring with my stupid, stupid, stupid mistake. :cry:

I just hope I didn't do too much damage, and can get her back in order before it's time to head to Waterfest. *sigh*

YOURE GOING TO WATERFEST?!!!!!!!!!!! are you driving?!

anyways.. that sucks that happened...

I ALWAYS break rule #1... I know its going to bite me in the ass one day...
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby Lucky on Jun Fri 22, 2007 4:23 pm

Yes, I'm going to Waterfest, (already registered and everything!) and yes I'm driving.......... well..... provided I didn't kill her completely with the little wire shorting incident.... :smirk: :tear:
Lucky
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby Roadhog on Jun Fri 22, 2007 6:23 pm

Lucky wrote:Yes, I'm going to Waterfest, (already registered and everything!) and yes I'm driving.......... well..... provided I didn't kill her completely with the little wire shorting incident.... :smirk: :tear:

hmmm... ya know what.. I MAY have to follow you there... To bad its only a month away.. such short notice.. Well I knew about it, but I didn't really care since I didn't know anyone from here was going! I doubt I could come up with enough money for the trip... It would probably cost over $3k..... ugh oh well... :( You better bring back lots of pics.

I have family in NJ also.

What did you register for? :nod:
Last edited by Roadhog on Jun Sun 24, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby Lucky on Jun Sat 23, 2007 2:14 am

$3k?!?!? :shock: But you drive a Volkswagen! That will cost what...? $23 in fuel?!?! :lol:

I estimate the actual trip costs to be much lower than that. It's just all the shopping, and drinking and partying along the way that's gonna cost some monies. :lol: But the actual trip expenses shouldn't be too much.

But whatever it costs, I'm counting on it to be worth it. :thumbsup:

& I'm only registered for the exhibition. People judge and abuse Kitty enough as it is... I don't need her to be officially judged and abused. :lol:

Besides, most of my friends are going to be in the exhibition area, so I want to be able to just hang out and chill with them. 8)

However, I will be showing at Waterwagens. I gots big plans. :mrgreen:
Lucky
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby Roadhog on Jun Sat 23, 2007 9:25 am

eheh awesome...

you do know waterfest has lived up to its name every year...
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby Lucky on Jun Sat 23, 2007 2:15 pm

Roadhog wrote:eheh awesome...

:lol: Yes I do, and I've gone topless in both rain and snow before.... I ain't afraid of a little precipitation. ;) :mrgreen:
Lucky
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby Roadhog on Jun Sat 23, 2007 5:11 pm

Lucky wrote:
Roadhog wrote:eheh awesome...

:lol: Yes I do, and I've gone topless in both rain and snow before.... I ain't afraid of a little precipitation. ;) :mrgreen:

oooo rly. lol
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby Rennwagen1 on Jun Mon 25, 2007 11:24 am

Did you torch the driveshafts, rather than unbolt them? Or is that the new tranny ready to go in?

I may be heading over to WW. It is usually a good show, but it usually does rain, hence waterwagens! All my buddies from the club over there go every year, and my buddy Ben is the 3 year reigning WW valve cover racing champion! (you can't stop a mechanical engineer with too much time on his hands....) :rolleyes:
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby Lucky on Jun Fri 29, 2007 3:46 pm

Rennwagen1 wrote:Did you torch the driveshafts, rather than unbolt them? Or is that the new tranny ready to go in?

I may be heading over to WW. It is usually a good show, but it usually does rain, hence waterwagens! All my buddies from the club over there go every year, and my buddy Ben is the 3 year reigning WW valve cover racing champion! (you can't stop a mechanical engineer with too much time on his hands....) :rolleyes:

Actually, the yard I bought the tranny from torched them.... :rolleyes: and after trying to get the hub off of it, I can see why.... those suckers were totally stripped. :thumbsdown:

I definitely think we should do a cruise on over to Waterwagens. As long as I am back from Waterfest by then, and didn't break down in Kitty on the way there or back, I'm definitely going. :thumbsup:
Lucky
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Next

Return to Cabriolet