Scirocco F street prepared engine options????

Discussion area for all Scirocco models

Moderator: Mikewire

Re: Scirocco F street prepared engine options????

Postby kompressorgolf on Jan Fri 07, 2011 5:39 pm

thats my only restriction with auto cross, its incredibly fun, but ive never looked at it as a competitive thing. my car is built to a standard that puts me into the most highly modified class, whatever that class is.....where the car may be very competitive, havent tried yet. Also, maybe its just me, but the autox community hasnt been very personable, its nice to walk around talk to people etc, but ive always got the impression that most of them could care less to meet anyone who share their sport, of course there are exceptions. i seen an innocent mistake once, where it was handled very poorly on the behalf of some arrogant a-hole when it was a simple mishap, didnt need to go down like that. i intend to give it the benifit of the doubt however and continue to do it on occasion, because it is fun. I pay money to race, sure my equipment in the past was a slow beetle and a sloppy rusty 16v swapped rabbit, but its clear that i was made to feel like i was in the way, instead of part of a group of people who share a passion. end/rant.

in a light rocco most anything will be very competitive, i seen a stock rocco strongly pull away from a 1.8 rabbit GTI on the interstate (both stoney's old cars) that alone was impressive to see. i think the rocco was a 1.6or1.7 cant wait to see more on this!
For a sci
68 bug daily 78 16vt bunny in the works updates soon***********************
kompressorgolf

Vehicles: 86 audi SQ, b3 coupe Quattro, 92 urs4

Postby 76scirocco on Jan Fri 07, 2011 6:39 pm

You should come down to Billings some time. We are a lot looser run group with a lot of low buck, but highly modified cars that are fun to run with. We tend to not get as serious as the Bozeman crew.
76scirocco
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby kompressorgolf on Jan Fri 07, 2011 6:55 pm

yeah, there are alot of bozeman guys that are cool too, but some take it way to seriously.
kompressorgolf

Postby 76scirocco on Jan Fri 07, 2011 9:36 pm

kompressorgolf wrote:in a light rocco most anything will be very competitive, i seen a stock rocco strongly pull away from a 1.8 rabbit GTI on the interstate (both stoney's old cars) that alone was impressive to see. i think the rocco was a 1.6or1.7 cant wait to see more on this!
For a sci

The 1.6 with the big valve head was a lot of fun before the rings went. I am going to do a valve job on this head and put it together with my high compression shortblock from my race cabby and put it all in my caged rabbit shell. It should be a fun autocross setup with dual webers and msd ignition I am going to put it in with a 4 speed regeared with a diesel final drive in it. I will run it a few times this year and see if anyone is interested in it. I will probably have to part it to get anything out of it, but what the hell I might as well give it a shot. It is kinda hard to give up on all the 1.6 race parts I have.
76scirocco
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby kompressorgolf on Jan Sat 08, 2011 10:13 am

yeah, some of them vortex guys, would go crazy for that stuff, just price it to include a rally prepped rabbit shell :)
kompressorgolf

Postby YASHA7FOLD on Jan Sat 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Take it easy and don't rush back into action. Bad shoulders suck.
.R13 5 (o\!/o)
..╚╬╬╝
... 24
YASHA7FOLD
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Vehicles: 58 Buggy,65 Baja,69 Beetle, 72 Westy

Postby ValveFloat on Jan Mon 10, 2011 5:18 pm

kompressorgolf wrote:...Also, maybe its just me, but the autox community hasnt been very personable, its nice to walk around talk to people etc, but ive always got the impression that most of them could care less to meet anyone who share their sport, of course there are exceptions. i seen an innocent mistake once, where it was handled very poorly on the behalf of some arrogant a-hole when it was a simple mishap, didnt need to go down like that...

I am sorry to hear that. I have always thought our group was pretty laid back and friendly. I'd like to hear more details if you want to send me a PM.
ValveFloat

Vehicles: 1991 911
2003 Ducati M620

Postby 76scirocco on Mar Thu 08, 2012 10:23 pm

This project has been gathering dust for a while, but I finally have all the parts to put together the engine. It is at least on the stand now.

76scirocco
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby vegas2017 on Mar Fri 09, 2012 8:36 pm

great falls scca is pretty laid back to....lots of different cars and some awesome people. they dont care what kind of car you have they just want you to run it! hoping mine will be ready by then
2001.5 S4- STG 3-(project car)
2003 RS 6
2011 Ford f-150 ecoboost
vegas2017
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: 01 s4
'03 RS 6

Postby Mikewire on Mar Sat 10, 2012 1:16 am

Nice Randy, take some pics as you go - its fun to see a motor come together.

Asus TF101 | Revolver 3.11 | Revolver Parts

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water