Post your questions or current mods.

Moderator: Mikewire

CBCGSXR1000
In the drivers seat...
In the drivers seat...
Vehicles: 2

Electronic Boost Controller

Post by CBCGSXR1000 » Sep Sun 09, 2007 9:01 am

What do u think about this boost controller? Not sure what one i want let me know what u think or if there is a beter one i should get.

Apexi AVCR electronic boost controller
The Super AVC-R is the premium closed-loop electronic boost controller on the market. The AVC-R allows flexible control over virtually every aspect of boost control and adds new innovative functions such as injector pulse monitoring and gear specific boost control. Some key functions include: RPM-based boost and solenoid duty cycle control, scramble boost, self learning mode, 2D ghost map trace mode, analog display mode, real time replay and peak hold data modes. The AVC-R utilizes an ultra-fast microprocessor and a high quality solenoid valve to control boost. The result is ultra-fast response and accurate, stable boost control.

$549.00 Lower Retail Price $499.95 :twisted:
CHRIS

CBCGSXR1000
In the drivers seat...
In the drivers seat...

Post by CBCGSXR1000 » Sep Mon 10, 2007 6:06 pm

Is there a better one i should look at?
CHRIS

Mill3niumThr33
In the drivers seat...
In the drivers seat...

Post by Mill3niumThr33 » Sep Mon 10, 2007 7:14 pm

Edit found your mod list. CAR IS 01/JETTA. I have some mods coldair,full exaust magna flow oem cat ,atmosphiric blow off valve, autotech sport tuned fuel rail,4.0 bar fuel preshur ragulator,and the n75 valve.

You really should get a chip rather than get a boost controller. Most chips bring you up to the highest safe boost level anyways and provide fuel maps and such. Buy a chip like the giac x or apr. They cost about the same or less than that boost controller and are better in the long run. Mabye digital scott will chime in with some advice being that he had a well modded 1.8t. If you get a chip and arent happy with the boost levels just get a Manual Boost Controller and adjust from there...carefully. I that a few of the people on vortex chip their cars and get an MBC to raise it a bit.
RIP Das Pikl - Long Live The Black Olive

CBCGSXR1000
In the drivers seat...
In the drivers seat...

Post by CBCGSXR1000 » Sep Mon 10, 2007 10:12 pm

Cool i am getting it chiped this winter. I was lookin at AUTOTECHs Q chip sould and 50+hp. R those better chips :twisted:
CHRIS

Mill3niumThr33
In the drivers seat...
In the drivers seat...

Post by Mill3niumThr33 » Sep Tue 11, 2007 12:58 am

I have always heard great things about the GIAC X. Its a more aggressive tune. The APR chip is also highly favored amongst the 1.8t people. If I had a 1.8t I would go with one of those. I would try to get 2 programs when you do get a chip. It seems like most get the 93 octane and the stock, but for out here I would get the 91 octane and stock. I'm not sure what most gas stations carry out there in billings but choose the one you can get. I would get the dual program chip so you can still go to stock for dealership trips/around town cruising and then the chipped mode for tearing ass and good times :mrgreen: .
RIP Das Pikl - Long Live The Black Olive

CBCGSXR1000
In the drivers seat...
In the drivers seat...

Post by CBCGSXR1000 » Sep Tue 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Right on thanks. :twisted:
CHRIS

digitalscott
Back seat driver...
Back seat driver...

Post by digitalscott » Sep Wed 12, 2007 12:58 pm

I had Revo on my 1.8T and couldn't have been happier. It had so much torque that it torque steered like a MF if I got on it in 2nd. If I could find someone with a 1.8T that had Revo stage 2 or higher software, I would be willing to sell my serial port switcher (SPS3) for half of what retail is (it was $350 retail, so that'll make it $175). It'll allow tuning of timing adjustment, boost agressiveness, tons of other stuff. I got it to revert to stock during the winter. Interested or know anyone that might be? The money will be donated to the "chip scott's mkv foundation", a local non-profit organization that holds money where Scott's wife can't see it. :unibrow:
2007 Black Magic Pearl MKV GTI, 6MT, Revo Stage 1, Eibach Prokit sprints, and a lot of blackness.

Still selling Revo SPS3 unit for 1.8T/2.7T...any takers? PM me for details! I need money for stage 2!

Rennwagen1
The Dubfather
The Dubfather
Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Post by Rennwagen1 » Sep Wed 12, 2007 3:40 pm

digitalscott wrote: The money will be donated to the "chip scott's mkv foundation", a local non-profit organization that holds money where Scott's wife can't see it. :unibrow:
HEY!! I have one of those funds also!! Mine is called "Aeron's Rabbit Food" but it is usually empty, though. Wanna buy some stuff?
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.
MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.
Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!

digitalscott
Back seat driver...
Back seat driver...

Post by digitalscott » Sep Wed 12, 2007 4:34 pm

Depends on the stuff. After the down payment on the GTI, the fund is at zero balance. I'll have to borrow from the wife bank. You still have the tail light tint film? Have you thought of becoming a Revo dealer? It'd be totally sweeeeeet if you did!
2007 Black Magic Pearl MKV GTI, 6MT, Revo Stage 1, Eibach Prokit sprints, and a lot of blackness.

Still selling Revo SPS3 unit for 1.8T/2.7T...any takers? PM me for details! I need money for stage 2!

Rennwagen1
The Dubfather
The Dubfather
Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Post by Rennwagen1 » Sep Wed 12, 2007 4:56 pm

digitalscott wrote: Have you thought of becoming a Revo dealer? It'd be totally sweeeeeet if you did!
I just sent them a dealer inquiy email. We'll see what happens......

/threadjack
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.
MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.
Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!