crankshaft positioning sensor

Category now locked, topics will be moved. Please post in the appropriate make and model category.

Moderator: Mikewire

crankshaft positioning sensor

Postby blackhalk123 on Oct Fri 16, 2009 8:56 pm

i was wondering if a crank shaft positioning sensor going bad can cause your gas gauge to go crazy i have a 2001 vw beetle
blackhalk123
n00b...

n00b...

Re: crankshaft positioning sensor

Postby MT-Getto on Oct Fri 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Welcome to the site :) :thumbsup: Should not be related. Crank shaft position would more likely cause running issues.
It's not how fast you go. It's how well you go fast.
MT-Getto
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Vehicles: 70 dzl-camper
20VTMK2GLI
A8L, Ubaru, RAM

Postby blackhalk123 on Oct Sun 18, 2009 3:46 pm

well it is have car troubles to my pistons are misfiring but i was wondering if that could cause the gauge to freak out to i also accidentally broke my speed sensor so i dont have a speedometer could that cause it and ontop of that my car was stolen the other day but it was returned smashed up so now i want it rekeyed i was wondering how much that might cost me
blackhalk123
n00b...

n00b...

Postby madeinkorea on Nov Thu 05, 2009 7:35 pm

if you are missin then that will cause the rpms to move all over the place. if the speedo is brokin it wont affect the drivability of the car. its weird that someone stole your car... it should have an imobilizer built into the cluster...sounds like someone you know took it or did you loose your keys some how...in order to re key you will need to take it to a dealer to get the keys reprogrammed to a new immoblizer code and then you could change the door cylinders but then they probably wouldnt match the ignition key. sorry im rambling if you need help let me back and ill explain it better if you need it, plus i cant spell
madeinkorea
n00b...

n00b...

Return to Repair & Maintenance