Is my Revo performing correctly?? Calling Aeron!!

Category now locked, topics will be moved. Please post in the appropriate make and model category.

Moderator: Mikewire

Re: Is my Revo performing correctly?? Calling Aeron!!

Postby Rennwagen1 on Mar Sun 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Well that is awesome to hear!! OEM FTW!!
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby ryan's05gli on May Thu 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Just to clear up some earlier confusion for you guys.

Yes there is a way to do pressure testing on your system and it can be made completely with parts from home depot and an air compressor...

secondly, you will boost higher and longer in the higher gears (4,5...) then 1st and second because the engine is under a heavier load. it has nothing to do with the programming or not getting the turbo to spool up all the way. the engine has no problem getting the small ko3 turbo spooled up completely by ~3.5k rpms at the latest. and running 20 psi spikes on our engines with the ko3 will not by any means ruin the engine. they have been proven to run 30+psi consistently without doing anything to the blocks. if you are running that much boost though you obviously have a bigger turbo and with that new rods...

and the n75 valve is controlled by the ecu to control the waste gate. so if your programming is for 17 psi then it will go to 17 psi before opening the waste gate. upgrading the n75 will only help smooth things out at higher boost levels and/or delay that signal allowing a little more boost over the rev range (usually about ~1psi extra)

also the files do have the ability to change. Look up lemmiwinks. You can tune the car through your obd2 port.
2005 VW GLI - pretty much stock. for now...
ryan's05gli
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Postby Dubber on May Fri 08, 2009 1:48 am

wow - you just floored me. that is some seriously great information.
I can change the boost levels and things of that nature myself??
that'd be fun - i see myself blowing up my engine shortly!
lol
thank you for the information sir, very helpful
"We are shaped by our thoughts; We become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves." - Buddha

If you are not happy now, you never will be.
Dubber
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: 2009 Skoda Octavia Ambiente II

Postby ryan's05gli on May Fri 08, 2009 7:38 am

well you always can change the boost level manually as well.

first you would need a diode mod. this basically is a little cheat where you put a diode inline between your MAP sensor and the ecu so it only reads a certain amount no matter how much boost your actually making then you can get a manual boost controller and set the boost to whatever you want it to.

and with turning up the boost you'll probably break the k03 turbo before you hurt your block to tell the truth.

but i don't think you would necessarily want to go above the programming of the chip because the chip is designed to safely boost that high with it's timing, and fuel trims without creating any knock in the engine. start going above that without adding a knock suppressor and you run the risk of messing up your engine. so there are many more ways to make your same boost give you more power by making it more efficient.
2005 VW GLI - pretty much stock. for now...
ryan's05gli
Kicking the tires...

Kicking the tires...

Previous

Return to Repair & Maintenance