License question

Discussion regarding the software diagnostic solution

Moderator: Mikewire

License question

Postby RuS4ty on Jan Thu 17, 2008 8:23 pm

is there any way to get around the license? I have my vag-com and cant really do much without the license.
Last edited by RuS4ty on Jan Fri 18, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4 driver
RuS4ty
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: FZJ80/S4/RS4

Postby Roadhog on Jan Thu 17, 2008 9:06 pm

:\
Roadhog
I heart LOLcats

I heart LOLcats

Vehicles:  

Postby Ramrod on Jan Thu 17, 2008 9:10 pm

I know the cable controls your access to the progam. I believe some of the cheap ebay cables allow you to access the older versions of the software.
"That Guy"
B5 Audi S4 Stg 3, '00 A6 Avant, '69 VW Squareback, '69 VW Westfalia
Image_________________________Image
Ramrod
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Postby Rennwagen1 on Jan Fri 18, 2008 8:54 am

Trues. The cable has the liscense built into it. That way if you find yourself without a confuser, but have your cable, you can download the program to a cocmputer where you are and still be able to use it.
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby Mikewire on Jan Fri 18, 2008 9:59 am

Ramrod wrote:I know the cable controls your access to the progam. I believe some of the cheap ebay cables allow you to access the older versions of the software.

You can run version 3.11 with the generic cable. If you are looking for a crack, you probably won't find one and really you should buy the software if it is useful. But I understand the $$ issue - get an eBay cable, which may or may not come with the freeware version on Vag-Com. I bought my generic cable, got the free version, then upgraded to the full version by buying a license for 3.11 which was $100 then.

FWIW with the free version/generic cable you can view up to channel 32 in the diagnostics and you can clear and scan for a CEL, and you can get into the different modules...so you should be able to do most of what you need.

If you need more, then you need to borrow someones USB cable for the full version. I know at least a couple of the guys have what you need in Bozo - maybe they can scan ya at the Sun GTG?

Post up your codes and we can go from there.

PS:

RuS4ty wrote:is there any way to get around the license? I have my vag-com and cant really do much without the license.

(tried downloading a crack but i guess it didnt work... when I get time this weekend ill give it another shot.

Please don't pirate any software...esp Vag-Com - it's worth every penny.

The interweb is public...:ninja:

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby RuS4ty on Jan Sat 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Rennwagen1 wrote:Trues. The cable has the liscense built into it. That way if you find yourself without a confuser, but have your cable, you can download the program to a cocmputer where you are and still be able to use it.

After looking around at their site and on forums I realized this. I uninstalled the old files along with some other random files that I thought I needed and WaLa (sp?), it works like a charm now! Whew, that saves me $100.

Werd. Thanks guys.

Now I just need to get my car working like a charm... did some logs today and the boost is all over the place. ...and lots of DTCs.
S4 driver
RuS4ty
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Vehicles: FZJ80/S4/RS4

Return to VAG-COM diagnostics