Models manufactured from 2005 to present

Moderator: Mikewire

Postby kompressorgolf on Aug Wed 29, 2007 9:43 pm

mmmmm, black drool.....
68 bug daily 78 16vt bunny in the works updates soon***********************
kompressorgolf

Vehicles: 86 audi SQ, b3 coupe Quattro, 92 urs4

Postby digitalscott on Aug Wed 29, 2007 10:51 pm

Ramrod wrote:Depends on what you order you can get the APR chips with the security lock out, so unless you know the combo of buttons for your ride, you can't switch programs. So you could put it back to stock, and lock it up for the dealership.

I overlooked the lockout feature - I thought it was for anti-theft. I have heard great things about APR's 2.0T tuning software. After adding all of the options that a Revo stage 2 + SPS combo has, it's about the same price. It comes down to dealer location (for support or reflashing due to dealer reflash or updating) and the ability to adjust timing for stage 2 progress. If APR had a dealer closer than Seattle, I would be considering it.
2007 Black Magic Pearl MKV GTI, 6MT, Revo Stage 1, Eibach Prokit sprints, and a lot of blackness.

Still selling Revo SPS3 unit for 1.8T/2.7T...any takers? PM me for details! I need money for stage 2!
digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Rennwagen1 on Aug Thu 30, 2007 12:03 am

We tinted a new Rabbit last week, and it looked awesome. It was that dark silver, like a silverstone I think, and with the windows, I was almost ready to head over to the dealer any pick one up!
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby digitalscott on Aug Thu 30, 2007 7:05 am

Rennwagen1 wrote:We tinted a new Rabbit last week, and it looked awesome. It was that dark silver, like a silverstone I think, and with the windows, I was almost ready to head over to the dealer any pick one up!

I had the dealership in Spokane throw in the tint for free. I got my money's worth. The front sides are great. The back sides you can see that the tint was cut too short, but only from the inside. The back is the same as the back sides and is also starting to peel away where he cut the strips and tried to hide the cuts on the defrost lines.

Tint completes the rabbit/jetta MKVs. Without it, I think the car looks too round and bubbly. Since I still haven't filled out their valued survey, I'm going to ask to see if I can have your shop do the warranty work on their half ass job.
2007 Black Magic Pearl MKV GTI, 6MT, Revo Stage 1, Eibach Prokit sprints, and a lot of blackness.

Still selling Revo SPS3 unit for 1.8T/2.7T...any takers? PM me for details! I need money for stage 2!
digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Rennwagen1 on Aug Thu 30, 2007 8:11 am

Well, yeah, give it a shot, all our tint is computer cut from patterns, so no installer errors.

If they won't let you handle it in town, make sure to tell them you want them to pay for your gas up there, give you a loaner car, and gas back to fix THIER error. See what they say.......
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Postby Ramrod on Aug Thu 30, 2007 8:37 am

digitalscott wrote:I overlooked the lockout feature - I thought it was for anti-theft. I have heard great things about APR's 2.0T tuning software. After adding all of the options that a Revo stage 2 + SPS combo has, it's about the same price. It comes down to dealer location (for support or reflashing due to dealer reflash or updating) and the ability to adjust timing for stage 2 progress. If APR had a dealer closer than Seattle, I would be considering it.

Security lockout and Anit-theft are two different features. I don't have any need for either. There is a dealer in seattle, but there really isn't any need to go to a dealer for just an ECU flash. And just a heads up, if you decide it's what you want, wait till December. They always have a christmas sale and ECU upgrades are discounted.
"That Guy"
B5 Audi S4 Stg 3, '00 A6 Avant, '69 VW Squareback, '69 VW Westfalia
Image_________________________Image
Ramrod
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Postby digitalscott on Aug Thu 30, 2007 9:17 am

Ramrod wrote: Security lockout and Anit-theft are two different features. I don't have any need for either. There is a dealer in seattle, but there really isn't any need to go to a dealer for just an ECU flash. And just a heads up, if you decide it's what you want, wait till December. They always have a christmas sale and ECU upgrades are discounted.

December? Unless it was half price, my wife would have my neck. She's still in shock over the money I had to put down to get rid of the Ford Explorer and into the GTI. I'm shooting for whenever the valley floor has mostly dry roads in the spring. I may just do the chip, downpipe and cat/decat all in the same week and call it an even grand. I'll start looking for a deal on the downpipe after the first of the year.

digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Ramrod on Aug Thu 30, 2007 9:27 am

Well they usually do the same sale about every 6 months. Usually around Christmas and Waterfest so waiting longer won't hurt you.
"That Guy"
B5 Audi S4 Stg 3, '00 A6 Avant, '69 VW Squareback, '69 VW Westfalia
Image_________________________Image
Ramrod
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Postby digitalscott on Aug Thu 30, 2007 11:08 am

Sweet. I forgot about the Waterfest discounts. I got my last chip about a month before it in 2006, and I lived half an hour from Pacific Raceway where it was held that year. In my defense, it was early in my dub life and I didn't know any better. Hell, I'm still figuring the whole dubliness thing out.

digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Rennwagen1 on Aug Thu 30, 2007 5:25 pm

digitalscott wrote: She's still in shock over the money I had to put down to get rid of the Ford Explorer and into the GTI.

She was in shock over that? It was an Exploder for god's sake!! You think any VW dealer worth it's salt would want one of those? :unibrow:

Just kidding, but you made the right choice.!

Captain Pajama Shark
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

PreviousNext

Return to Golf V & Jetta V