What are your thoughts on the MK5?

Models manufactured from 2005 to present

Moderator: Mikewire

Postby digitalscott on Aug Tue 28, 2007 4:15 pm

I don't get that either. They even did it on the Farenheit and it just makes it look cheap.

Agreed. I'll see how the plastic holds up to rocks and gravel with deep winter tires on it. After I put a set of springs on it and dive the nose a bit in autocross, I'll see how much closer I can get the nose to the ground with a replacement lip. The sides I've seen painted with good results. The back will get whatever works with the exhaust I choose. Hell, might get the VW rear to smooth it out if I keep the same tips. I guess 2.0T's only really benefit from replacing the downpipe and cat anyways. Anyhoo...gotta look at the important stuff - chip, suspension, then looks. However, I might play around with darkening the tail lights, side markers, badges...anything that isn't black. Good winter project I think.
2007 Black Magic Pearl MKV GTI, 6MT, Revo Stage 1, Eibach Prokit sprints, and a lot of blackness.

Still selling Revo SPS3 unit for 1.8T/2.7T...any takers? PM me for details! I need money for stage 2!
digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Rennwagen1 on Aug Tue 28, 2007 10:01 pm

digitalscott wrote:

I think Aeron lives down the street from me or spends time there a lot recently. I saw the FLY GTI about a block and a half down from me. I was going to stroll by and check it out, but didn't want to look like a creep oogling in someone's driveway.

Yes I do live there now, come on over. The kegerator should be finished soon!

I took the Touareg to Utah this weekend, and the wife was driving the GTI. (I have NO idea how I pulled that one off!!)My Jetta is in the Garage. I think I recognise the old truck in the pic, also. not far from me. I will be in Helena tomorrow night, and back over there this weekend, but i will prob. be out washing the Treg thursday night(I think I killed every bug in the tri-state area I drove through!!)

Come on over, don't be skerred. Me wanna see new GTI!!!!
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby digitalscott on Aug Tue 28, 2007 10:58 pm

Yes I do live there now, come on over.

Cool, man. I'll be mowing the lawn Thurs night but I'll try to swing by. I'm at the end of the street at the north end. I saw your wife drive the GTI by when I was taking my daughter for a bike ride. The bigskyvw.com and rennwagens.com stickers kinda gave it away. :thumbsup:

I just moved back to Missoula after being out of state for a few years. Dion from TKO Motorwerks in Seattle told me to get ahold of you to finish the revo stage 2 tuning on my MKIV. He said you guys were cougs or something...can't remember the details. Anyways, that project got scrapped and all I have left is my revo SPS3 unit, which won't work on my MKV. Know anyone that has revo software in town that might want it? Any ECU software vendors in the Missoula area?
2007 Black Magic Pearl MKV GTI, 6MT, Revo Stage 1, Eibach Prokit sprints, and a lot of blackness.

Still selling Revo SPS3 unit for 1.8T/2.7T...any takers? PM me for details! I need money for stage 2!
digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby digitalscott on Aug Tue 28, 2007 11:04 pm

Your post is useless without pictures...

As requested and promised:

digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Mill3niumThr33 on Aug Tue 28, 2007 11:57 pm

I really like it in black. As you said earlier it the black lower kit that they put on all cars doesnt look right to me.
RIP Das Pikl - Long Live The Black Olive
Mill3niumThr33
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Postby Rennwagen1 on Aug Wed 29, 2007 12:19 pm

digitalscott wrote:I saw your wife drive the GTI by when I was taking my daughter for a bike ride. The bigskyvw.com and rennwagens.com stickers kinda gave it away. :thumbsup:

Damn!! And I thought I was sneaky!!

Ahh, you live next door to Shawna Nemmers' mom! I think there are a couple of new A4s in the neighborhood also

Nobody in town does Revo software, and as faras I know, nobody in town is running itin thier cars, either. Dion is supercool, went to Cali with him a couple times. I am glad he found a place at TKO. Anyway, talk to you later!!
Jd3 wrote:Once again I was slangin rocks and pimpin bitches. Got a degree from the streets. Listen to the song regulate by warren g. I wrote it.

MikeWire wrote:Vanilla Ice > Depeche Mode.

Captain Pajama Shark
99% Awesome 100% of the time!!
1.8/2.8/3.2 OEM+
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!
Rennwagen1
The Dubfather

The Dubfather

Vehicles: 84 GTI, 97 GLX, 04 Touareg V6

Postby digitalscott on Aug Wed 29, 2007 12:54 pm

Sneaky? Me? Just don't tell my wife that I ate all the dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets...oops did I say that out loud?

Nemmers doesn't ring a bell, but I don't know my neighbor's last name (the one with the beater truck). There are a few new A4's in the neighborhood. It seems like they are popping up everywhere. I drove a 2006 2.0T this spring. It was super nice, but more of a gentleman's car. I wanted something lighter, nimble, cheaper, and more rare.

Anyone in the area do APR, GAIC, etc? Since VW/Audi's are the sleepers here, I figure there isn't. I saw on Revo's site that there is a Revo authorized dealer in Coeur d'Alene. I'll prob be paying them a visit unless I make a trip to Seattle and have Dion do it.

I'll try to swing by on Thursday and catch you debugging the T-reg.

digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Ramrod on Aug Wed 29, 2007 1:14 pm

digitalscott wrote:It seems like they are popping up everywhere. I drove a 2006 2.0T this spring. It was super nice, but more of a gentleman's car. I wanted something lighter, nimble, cheaper, and more rare..

Good choice. I'm rather bored with A4's, but my buddy's fiance loves heres. That kind of says it all right there.

Anyone in the area do APR, GAIC, etc? Since VW/Audi's are the sleepers here, I figure there isn't. I saw on Revo's site that there is a Revo authorized dealer in Coeur d'Alene. I'll prob be paying them a visit unless I make a trip to Seattle and have Dion do it.

I just mailed my chip into APR, it was back in two days. I really like the ability to change programs. APR is a bit conservative in it's performance, but my butt can't tell the difference and I'm not at a drag strip.
"That Guy"
B5 Audi S4 Stg 3, '00 A6 Avant, '69 VW Squareback, '69 VW Westfalia
Image_________________________Image
Ramrod
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Postby digitalscott on Aug Wed 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Ramrod wrote:
digitalscott wrote:It seems like they are popping up everywhere. I drove a 2006 2.0T this spring. It was super nice, but more of a gentleman's car. I wanted something lighter, nimble, cheaper, and more rare..

Good choice. I'm rather bored with A4's, but my buddy's fiance loves heres. That kind of says it all right there.

I just mailed my chip into APR, it was back in two days. I really like the ability to change programs. APR is a bit conservative in it's performance, but my butt can't tell the difference and I'm not at a drag strip.

I dig them all, but I am familiar with Revo as I had it on my MKIV and like the necessity of the SPS unit for tuning. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if one knows what combination of buttons to push on an APR tuned dub, can't they come to the conclusion you are chipped? I wouldn't want the stealership to know if I needed warranty work done. I know they could just have an SPS unit handy too, but it's less likely. I know they have to prove that it caused the problem the warranty claim was on, but I think we all know how much some people want to make other's lives miserable.

I would have liked to see the person's face when they test drove my old car before buying it and driving it off the lot at 4 Seasons VW here in Missoula. If he thought it was 180 ft/lb...I'm sure he grinned when it spooled and hit 240+ ft/lb.

I'm willing to ship out my ECU if I have to, but it's a short drive to ID to get it and drive back grinning while letting the ECU adjust. Anyways, I had to sign a blood oath to not do anything to my car till spring. I guess all I'm doing is paint and tint on the small stuff for a while...winter tires since the Z rated tires will suck at the first snowfall. Such is the married life!

digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Ramrod on Aug Wed 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Depends on what you order you can get the APR chips with the security lock out, so unless you know the combo of buttons for your ride, you can't switch programs. So you could put it back to stock, and lock it up for the dealership.
"That Guy"
B5 Audi S4 Stg 3, '00 A6 Avant, '69 VW Squareback, '69 VW Westfalia
Image_________________________Image
Ramrod
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Golf V & Jetta V