Models manufactured from 2005 to present

Moderator: Mikewire

Postby VR6NH on Dec Thu 21, 2006 2:32 am

I like it... a lot.
VR6NH
In the engine bay...

In the engine bay...

Postby ValveFloat on Dec Thu 21, 2006 2:48 pm

Rennwagen1 wrote:This is one that I would like to see. Look closely......Mk5 4-door GTI!

Those are available in the US, I saw one in Chicago. It was white and looked sweeeet.
ValveFloat

Vehicles: 1991 911
2003 Ducati M620

Postby digitalscott on Aug Tue 28, 2007 6:55 am

I had a MKIV GTI and loved it. I traded it in to get my wife a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg. We don't regret it. It's simple and well rounded for my wife.

However...I knew after driving a MKV GTI that I wanted one over the MKIV. Stiffer frame and stock suspension (even though it needs to come down about an inch). Not to mention that 2.0T Revo stage 2 is not very far from where some 1.8T Revo stage 3 people get in terms of HP/Torque. I went with the MKV because it's just a better platform over the MKIV. Oh, and I wanted the black headliners. And the rest of it too!

800 miles on the GTI...200 till I can take it to SCCA events and embarass myself!
2007 Black Magic Pearl MKV GTI, 6MT, Revo Stage 1, Eibach Prokit sprints, and a lot of blackness.

Still selling Revo SPS3 unit for 1.8T/2.7T...any takers? PM me for details! I need money for stage 2!
digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Mikewire on Aug Tue 28, 2007 10:04 am

digitalscott wrote:I had a MKIV GTI and loved it. I traded it in to get my wife a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg. We don't regret it. It's simple and well rounded for my wife.

However...I knew after driving a MKV GTI that I wanted one over the MKIV. Stiffer frame and stock suspension (even though it needs to come down about an inch). Not to mention that 2.0T Revo stage 2 is not very far from where some 1.8T Revo stage 3 people get in terms of HP/Torque. I went with the MKV because it's just a better platform over the MKIV. Oh, and I wanted the black headliners. And the rest of it too!

800 miles on the GTI...200 till I can take it to SCCA events and embarass myself!

Your post is useless without pictures... :mrgreen:

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
2005.5 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7TT 6 speed manual swap
2001 VW Beetle 1.8T GLX 5 speed
1992 VW Montana Green GTI
1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC

FAQ | Forum rules
Mikewire
Site Admin

Site Admin

Vehicles: Air and Water

Postby digitalscott on Aug Tue 28, 2007 11:45 am

Useless? :\ How so? Man, now I'm gonna have to remember to post the pics when I get home tonight. Just to prep you though, my wife's black Jetta makes the black GTI look dirty because of the metal flakes. Her black is liquid looking and deep, showing every dust spec. The "black magic" GTI looks good still and doesn't show as much dirt...kinda...as it's only been 2 weeks and 3 washes. :mrgreen:

I think Aeron lives down the street from me or spends time there a lot recently. I saw the FLY GTI about a block and a half down from me. I was going to stroll by and check it out, but didn't want to look like a creep oogling in someone's driveway.
2007 Black Magic Pearl MKV GTI, 6MT, Revo Stage 1, Eibach Prokit sprints, and a lot of blackness.

Still selling Revo SPS3 unit for 1.8T/2.7T...any takers? PM me for details! I need money for stage 2!
digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby digitalscott on Aug Tue 28, 2007 11:58 am

Here you go...a craptastic one taken the night I bought it.

:nod:

Higher quality ones later.

digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Mill3niumThr33 on Aug Tue 28, 2007 12:11 pm

Nice! Welcome to the forums
RIP Das Pikl - Long Live The Black Olive
Mill3niumThr33
In the drivers seat...

In the drivers seat...

Postby Ramrod on Aug Tue 28, 2007 12:31 pm

Nice, black is very flattering on the mkV.
"That Guy"
B5 Audi S4 Stg 3, '00 A6 Avant, '69 VW Squareback, '69 VW Westfalia
Image_________________________Image
Ramrod
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

Postby digitalscott on Aug Tue 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Thanks! I have been watching these forums for a while and waited until I could post again. I had sold my MKIV right before coming across the site. I think I was depressed for about 6 months....watching my wife drive the 07 Wolfy..... :puke:

As for the black being a good MKV choice, was [allegedly] the last black 2007 MKV GTI in the northwest. I contacted 3 dealerships and in almost two months only one (Appleway VW in Spokane) was able to locate one. The windows were tinted on my request prior to delivery.

The real reason I got black was because of VW's "interesting" application of flat black plastic front lip, skirts, and rear valance. Since they were black, I got the car to match. However, I really dig the white too. I was a few days too late to get the white one at 4 Seasons VW.

Oh, and it's a manual, not DSG, by my choice. Although the dual clutch DSG shaves almost a second off of 0-60, nobody knows if it can handle the newly released big turbo upgrades reliably for the long term. Comments like "2nd gear shift harder after I had it chipped than it did when it was stock" made me want to save the $1000 for the DSG and apply it to a short shift kit. Call me old school, but I like throttling through the gears. It's like a bond with the car.

digitalscott
Back seat driver...

Back seat driver...

Postby Ramrod on Aug Tue 28, 2007 2:44 pm

digitalscott wrote:The real reason I got black was because of VW's "interesting" application of flat black plastic front lip, skirts, and rear valance. Since they were black, I got the car to match.

I don't get that either. They even did it on the Farenheit and it just makes it look cheap. I can see it on the base Rabbit, but not on the GTI's.

Call me old school, but I like throttling through the gears. It's like a bond with the car.

You're in good company, almost all of us are members of the rowing team.
"That Guy"
B5 Audi S4 Stg 3, '00 A6 Avant, '69 VW Squareback, '69 VW Westfalia
Image_________________________Image
Ramrod
Euro Addict!!!

Euro Addict!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Golf V & Jetta V